Heartburn a symptom of Acid reflux. This video is about treatment, causes, diet & foods to avoid to naturally stop acid reflux.
Heartburn is a burning feeling in the chest caused by stomach acid travelling up towards the throat (acid reflux). If it keeps happening, it’s called gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD).
Acid reflux is very common in fact 1 in 10 people get acid reflux almost every day! In this weeks video I’m going to give you some great tips that should really help.
MAIN SYMPTOMS OF ACID REFLUX:
• Heartburn – a burning sensation in the middle of your chest
an unpleasant sour taste in your mouth, caused by stomach acid
You may also have:
• Cough or hiccups that keep coming back
• Hoarse voice
• Bad breath
• Wind, Bloating and feeling sick
• Your symptoms will probably be worse after eating, when lying down and when bending over.
TIPS THAT HELP WITH ACID REFLUX:
• Eat smaller, more frequent meals
• Raise one end of your bed 10 to 20cm by putting something under your bed or mattress – make it so your chest and head are above the level of your waist, so stomach acid doesn’t travel up towards your throat
• Try to lose weight if you’re overweight
• Try to find ways to relax
• If you are a smoker stop smoking
• Some foods and drinks may make reflux worse in some people, here is a link to a great acid reflux diet
• Some medicines may make symptoms worse. They may irritate the oesophagus or relax the sphincter muscle and make acid reflux more likely. Tell your pharmacist if you suspect that a medicine is causing the symptoms, or making symptoms worse.
• Posture. Lying down or bending forward a lot during the day encourages reflux. Sitting hunched or wearing tight belts may put extra pressure on the stomach, which may make any reflux worse.
• Bedtime. If symptoms recur most nights, the following may help:
Go to bed with an empty, dry stomach. To do this, don’t eat in the last three hours before bedtime and don’t drink in the last two hours before bedtime.
acid reflux treatment
acid reflux symptoms
acid reflux causes
home remedies for acid reflux
acid reflux foods to avoid
acid reflux remedies
help with heartburn