Health

How to Know What Caused Your Erectile Dysfunction?

Erectile dysfunction can be caused by so many physical, psychological, and emotional factors. One of the most common causes is stress. Erectile dysfunction is very common among men of all ages. Even men as young as 20 can experience this due to their physical and mental health conditions and possibly, due to traumatic experiences as well.

However, erectile dysfunction is most common in men who have reached 40 years and beyond. Studies have shown that there is a 10% increase in a man’s chances of having erectile dysfunction per decade of his age (40 – 40%, 50 – 50%). More so, as aging is one of its causes, men beyond their 40s feel that it is only natural for them to experience it which is why they do not consult a doctor about it, but this should not be. Erectile dysfunction can be caused by serious health conditions like heart problems and the like.

Below is a list of the possible causes of Erectile dysfunction:

Causes of Erectile Dysfunction

Erectile dysfunction is the inability to have and maintain an erection for sexual activities. Experiences of this inability can sometimes be considered just a bad night, but if it is recurring and ongoing, it can already be recognized as a dysfunction.

Physical causes:

  • Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
  • cardiovascular disease
  • High blood pressure or hypertension
  • High cholesterol
  • Obesity
  • Diabetes
  • Multiple sclerosis
  • Metabolic syndrome — a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist, and high cholesterol
  • Certain prescription medications
  • Low testosterone
  • Other hormonal imbalances
  • Parkinson’s disease
  • Peyronie’s disease — development of scar tissue inside the penis
  • Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
  • Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
  • Sleep disorders
  • Tobacco use
  • Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse like drug abuse
  • Increased age

Psychological

  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Other mental health conditions
  • Stress
  • Relationship problems such as poor communication or other concerns

Although many do not act on it, some desire to treat erection problems as it causes them to lose confidence, become stressed and have relationship problems.

So, how will you know if what caused your erectile dysfunction?

Consult Your Doctor

When you experience erectile dysfunction, it is best to consult a doctor rather than the internet so you will know what really caused it. Also, when you have any of the health conditions mentioned in the physical factors, you must consult your doctor for the next step if you want it to get treated.

You might want to check whether you have been stressed for the past days as stress is one of the most common causes of erectile dysfunction.

Relationship problems are also one of the causes mentioned above. Are you feeling pressured because of your partner? It is possible that working things out may address your inability to have an erection. There are numerous psychological factors that can cause erectile dysfunction. Your therapist can explain further how psychological factors affect you and assess whether it is the psychological factors that are affecting you.

JohnSmith

JohnSmith is a writer, website created to provide the latest information in all fields: economics, culture, society, health, technology ... If you see interesting articles please share them. Thank you! Contact: admin@newsdailyarticles.com Admin: newsdailyarticles.com

Related Articles

Back to top button