Step 1: Analysis of the situation
It is necessary to carry out, first of all, an internal and external analysis (SWOT analysis) of the company: market, resources, competition, strengths and weaknesses. We need to know the ecosystem in which we move, be aware of what the needs of consumers are and where they are covered. A qualitative and quantitative evaluation: digital habits, intermediaries, influencers, etc.
Step 2: Set digital marketing goals
Be guided in the development of this part of your marketing plan through the SMART objectives: specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and temporary objectives.
Types of objectives defined by the SOSTAC methodology:
– Sell (customer acquisition and retention objectives).
– Serve (customer satisfaction objectives).
– Speaking (attracting customers).
– Surprise (surprise factor, added value).
– Recover (quantified efficiency increase).
Step 3: Define the marketing strategy
Once the business objectives have been defined, what can be done to achieve them? Personalization is becoming increasingly important in digital marketing. Therefore, when defining the strategy of your plan, you must take into account these factors:
– Segmentation of the target audience: know who you want to address, what are your tastes, needs or preferences, where are you looking to cover them, etc. It is time to create your buyer person.
– Positioning: to achieve a good positioning, it is important that you are very clear (and you do reach your audience in the same way) what your value proposition consists of. In short, why the consumer should choose you and not the competition. It is necessary to know how you are going to communicate your differential value and how to do it through the different channels in which your audience is present (social networks, blog, email, etc.).
– Marketing mix: is the set of tools used by the company to implement marketing strategies and achieve the established objectives. The 4 pillars of the marketing mix are known as the ‘4P’ according to E. Jerome McCarthy:
– Position (or distribution)
And these factors are what we must take into account when creating a strategy in the different channels we are going to use: display advertising, blog, Adwords campaigns, social networks, specific advertising in each social network, etc.
– Content strategy: important to create, distribute and manage original content to attract users and position the brand as a reference in its ‘top of the mind’. Necessary to draw up a specific communication policy (content marketing) for each channel. Some of the tools used to execute this strategy are:
– Keyword research: essential in any content strategy. It is about identifying the right keywords to use them correctly in our content to naturally improve (not through payment) our positioning.
– Content Calendar: key for your content strategy to make sense. It provides value, allows you to think long term and optimize resources, helps generate ideas, etc. In a calendar of contents you should include publication date, author, post idea, keyword, labels to use / keep in mind, etc.
– Social Posting: writing an article and not ‘moving’ it through social networks is a mistake. But it is not about ‘spreading’, but having a planning with which to decide what you are going to publish and when in each social network with the ideal copys for each social network and taking into account the number of characters, links, hashtags to be used, etc.
Step 4: Digital and tactical strategies
Depending on our objectives (attraction, conversion and loyalty) we will implement some strategies or others: email marketing campaigns, social networks, CRM, web optimization, SEO – SEM strategies, paid advertising, etc.
Step 5: Measurement and digital marketing KPIs as say agencia seo barcelona
Each action and its corresponding results must be measured through different KPIs to know if we have obtained the expected ROI. Measuring the effectiveness of the actions and strategies put in place will help us to correct what does not work to achieve the goals set.
Keep these steps in mind when creating your digital marketing plan and do not leave anything to improvisation, the biggest enemy if you are looking to position yourself and improve your presence in the digital field. And remember: if you have any questions, at We Are Marketing you can find the best experts.