The 5-panel urine drug test is the standard drug testing method sought mainly by government agencies like the DOT and other private employers to test their employees and candidates during the pre-employment and random drug testing. This blog will clearly explain how the 5-panel urine drug test works, its benefits, and which organizations use it during the drug test.
What is a 5-Panel Urine Drug Test?
A 5-panel urine drug test helps identify the 5-illicit drug traces in your system by testing the urine sample. They are instant, accurate, and reliable tests, and hence they are recommended by many organizations for running their drug test during pre-employment, post-accident, and random drug testing.
The 5-panel urine drug test is a viable option to test the most common five abusive drugs in the United States. They include:
- mAMP and AMP
Who conducts the 5-panel urine drug test?
Some certain agencies and organizations recommend the usage of 5-panel urine drug tests for various drug testing operations. They include
- Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Non-DOT organizations.
- Non-Regulated Companies.
- Federal Government.
- Private Agencies.
How does it work?
- Once you reach the testing location, you will be indicated by the tester to keep your belongings away from the testing lab.
- The tester will provide you with a testing cup to collect the sample. If it is a supervised test, a supervisor may accompany you inside the restroom but not enter the private stall. This is done to reduce the chances of tampering with the sample.
- Once you submit the sample to the tester, the tester will measure the temperature of the sample. The temperature should be in the range of 90 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit to be eligible for testing. Abnormal or lesser temperature samples are considered invalid.
- Negative results are announced within 24 hours. Any of the five drugs above the determined levels in the sample is considered positive.
- If you think you may have got a false-positive, you can claim a confirmatory test with the same sample provided.
- The confirmatory test could be done by advanced methods using the Gas Chromatography/ Mass Spectroscopy methods. You can expect the results within 2 to 3 days.
Benefits of 5-panel urine drug test
- Easy and not harmful.
- It saves time as the results are instant.
- Accurate results – 99%
- Reduces workplace accidents.
- Increases the productivity of the organizations.
- Helps the employers to keep a regular check on the health of the employees.
- The 5-panel drug test kits have a longer shelf life, and hence you can store them for a maximum of 18 months.
Drug tests have become a mandatory part of every progress in your life. The working process of the 5-panel drug test could have helped you gain knowledge to face your drug test with confidence in the future. To be precise, Keep yourself away from illicit drugs, and you can nail any drug test panels without a pinch of fear.