Guest blogging, also known as guest posting, refers to the practice of writing and publishing content on another website or blog as a guest contributor. For businesses, guest posting on industry-related blogs can be an excellent way to increase brand awareness, build authority, generate leads, and drive traffic back to your own website.
Unlike paid advertising, guest posting allows you to tap into an existing audience and community that is already engaged with the topic at hand. By providing value through high-quality and relevant content, guest posts enable you to position your business as a subject matter expert in your field.
Why Guest Posting is Important for Your Business Blog
Here are some of the key reasons why guest posting should be an important part of your business blogging and content marketing strategy:
Builds Credibility and Trust
Publishing content on established, reputable sites helps demonstrate your knowledge and proficiency in your niche. Readers who find your post on a site they already follow are more likely to trust you and view you as an authority.
Increases Domain Authority
Getting published on authoritative sites can boost your own domain authority in the eyes of Google and other search engines. This makes it more likely your website will rank higher in search results.
Drives Referral Traffic
Quality guest posts are a great way to get more visitors to your website. Make sure to include relevant internal links back to your site within the content to direct readers to your blog and products/services pages.
Expands Your Reach and Readership
By leveraging the built-in audience of the site you are guest posting for, you can get your content in front of a new set of targeted readers. Expanding beyond just your own contacts and followers.
Strengthens Backlinking Profile
Guest blogging opportunities allow you to earn high-value backlinks, which are key to SEO success. Backlinks from authoritative sites are especially powerful.
Enhances Brand Visibility
Getting your business name and expertise in front of a new audience significantly improves brand visibility and awareness for your company.
Positions You as an Industry Thought Leader
Consistently publishing guest posts enables you to establish your reputation as an influential leader and top thinker in your field.
The Benefits of Accepting Guest Posts on Your Business Blog
While guest posting is extremely beneficial for the writer, site owners also stand to gain a lot from accepting and publishing guest posts from industry contributors. Here are some of the advantages:
Adds Fresh Perspectives and Insights
Guest posts diversify the content and voices on your blog. Readers appreciate this variety.
Saves You Time Creating Content
You can take a break from writing and lean on others to provide content for your blog through guest posts.
Builds Relationships and Connections
Connecting with guest posters, many of whom may be influencers in your space, helps build your network.
Brings New Readers to Your Site
Guest contributors will share their posts with their own audiences, driving new visitors to your site who may not have found you otherwise.
Improves Search Engine Rankings
Higher quality content and backlinks gained from guest posts can boost your SEO rankings and draw more organic search traffic.
Adds Credibility as an Authority
A blog with many contributors is perceived as more reputable. Being seen as an authority site improves conversion rates.
Allows You to Repurpose Content
You can take evergreen guest posts and repurpose the content into other formats, like social posts, graphics, and videos.
Enhances Domain Authority
High-quality guest posts from respected industry sources enhance your domain authority, improving search visibility.
How to Find the Right Guest Bloggers for Your Business Niche
The key to successful guest posting that drives results is finding the right contributors who are a great fit for your brand, blog, and audience. Here are tips for finding guest bloggers:
- Look within your own network first. People you already have relationships – customers, partners, connections on social media – are ideal since they know your brand.
- Check out competitors’ guest contributors. See who has written guest posts for blogs in your niche and consider reaching out to them.
- Interact with niche influencers. Comment on their content and build a relationship before pitching them to contribute a guest post.
- Make sure they have an audience. Prioritize guest bloggers who have an engaged following of their own that they can share your content with.
- Review their past content. Read their other articles and guest posts to ensure they produce high-quality content that fits your brand.
- Join relevant LinkedIn Groups. Engage with group members by commenting on posts and then look for potential guest blogger prospects.
- Use a blogger outreach service. A guest posting service can find targeted, relevant bloggers in your space and facilitate the outreach process.
Maximizing Your Exposure as a Guest Blogger on a Business Blog
When writing for another brand’s blog as a guest contributor, it’s important to maximize the opportunity to get exposure for yourself and your business. Here are some tips:
- Include headshot and bio. This gives readers context on who you are and builds familiarity. Include relevant links.
- Referenced brand appropriately. Organically mention your company and website when relevant within the post. Don’t force it.
- Link internally to relevant content. Include hyperlinks to your site pages and content that relate to the topic.
- Promote on social media. Share the post on your social channels when it goes live and encourage others to share it.
- Repurpose the content. Turn the post into other formats like a video or presentation to further promote it.
- Publish on your own blog. A week or two after it’s live on their site, publish it on your own blog or site as well.
- Include guest post in email newsletter. Share a brief excerpt and link to the full post in your next email newsletter.
- Update social media profiles. Add a link to the guest post on your social media bios to showcase your authorship.
- Follow up with the site owner. Thank them and ask if they were happy with the results of the post. Offer to guest post again.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Submitting a Guest Post to a Business Blog
To boost your chances of getting accepted, steer clear of these frequent guest posting mistakes:
- Not adhering to submission guidelines
- Sending a generic pitch email that wasn’t personalized
- Writing about irrelevant topics outside the blog’s niche
- Publishing the same post on multiple websites
- Submitting poorly formatted content filled with grammar and spelling errors
- Having poorly integrated or over-optimized backlinks
- Promoting too aggressively within the post
- Getting caught using duplicate content or plagiarizing
- Neglecting to promote your post after it gets published
- Not providing enough value to the audience
The Dos and Don’ts of Guest Posting on Business Blogs
Follow these guest post best practices to ensure your efforts are effective:
- Personalize your pitch to the site owner
- Understand the target audience and niche before writing
- Craft a compelling, unique headline
- Provide useful, engaging content
- Include graphics and multimedia to break up text
- Optimize links, but don’t overdo it
- Promote your finished post across channels
- Simply copy and paste a published post
- Use excessive keywords just for SEO value
- Include irrelevant, promotional content
- Write vague, generic content
- Use overly self-promotional “guest post by…” bylines
- Have thin content just to get a backlink
- Forget to follow up with the site owner
How Guest Posting Can Help You Build Relationships in Your Business Niche
In addition to driving website traffic and boosting search rankings, guest blogging can also help you forge connections and build relationships with influential people in your industry.
- Site owners may feature your guest post on social media and tag your profile, expanding your network reach.
- After a successful guest post, site owners may be open to collaborating on other content or projects.
- Guest posting for competitors and industry leaders allows you to interact with them and get on their radar.
- Connections made through guest posting can lead to other opportunities like referrals, testimonials, and joint ventures.
- The exposure and authority gained may result in speaking, event or media appearances.
- Build a relationship with the site owner for the opportunity to guest post again in the future.
- Guest posting on an influencer’s blog gets you noticed not only by them but by their community of engaged followers.
So remember, the relationships you build through smart guest posting strategies can provide benefits beyond just the immediate traffic and backlink gains.
Guest Posting vs. Other Marketing Strategies for Your Business Blog
While guest posting is impactful, it shouldn’t be the only content marketing tactic you utilize. The best approach is to diversify and incorporate a mix of strategies:
Great for backlinks, expands audience reach, leverages influencer sites
Building relationships with bloggers pays off in various ways
Social Media Posting
Engage followers on social platforms with compelling content
Regularly share blog posts and valuable content with email subscribers
SEO Content Creation
Optimized blog posts help you rank for strategic keywords
Appearing as a guest is a great way to showcase expertise
Webinars & Live Video
Host and share educational presentations using multimedia
Share visual content that makes data and insights more digestible
The ideal combination of approaches will depend on your niche, content format preferences, and specific marketing goals. Experiment to see which guest posting strategies work best to achieve your desired results.
NDA Partnering Blogs
To Partner With Us Send Us A Mail and,
To discuss guest blogging for sites in the list
Contact us – Content Manager for NDA Blog.
SEE MORE LIST ALL NICHES 1000+ SITE
Clearly, guest posting offers a multitude of benefits for both contributing authors and the site owners who publish them. When done strategically, it can significantly elevate your brand visibility, establish you as an industry thought leader, build strong backlinks, and expand your audience reach.
Make sure to focus on producing high-quality content that offers real value for readers. Take time to build relationships and properly promote your finished posts. With persistence and the right approach, the impact of leveraging guest posting opportunities as part of your content marketing mix can take your business blogging efforts to the next level.
FAQs about Guest Posting on Business Blogs
Q: How do I find the best blogs to guest post for?
A: Look for blogs that get good engagement in your niche, have high domain authority, accept contributor posts, and reach your target audience. Checking competitor guest posts can reveal options too.
Q: How much should I focus on backlinks when guest posting?
A: Backlinks are certainly valuable, but they shouldn’t be your only goal. Priority #1 is crafting great content for the site’s audience. That will make site owners more willing to publish you.
Q: Can I write about any topic when guest posting?
A: You need to stick to topics and angles relevant to that particular blog and their readers. Make sure your expertise aligns with their niche.
Q: How do I make a guest post submission stand out?
A: Personalize your pitch, follow guidelines, showcase expertise in their niche, and highlight the value your post will offer readers. Getting published often takes persistence.
Q: Is it okay to guest post on the same topic across multiple sites?
A: Generally it’s better to create fresh, original content for each site. But repurposing months later can potentially work if done strategically.
Q: What’s the best way to get a backlink within my guest post?
A: Organically link to a relevant piece of content if it makes sense contextually. Don’t force it. Include 1-2 quality links at most, and avoid over-optimization.
Q: What should I include in my guest post bio?
A: Provide a 1-3 sentence bio highlighting your expertise, achievements, company name, and link to your website or LinkedIn profile. A headshot also builds familiarity.
Q: How much promotion of my guest post should I do?
A: Strike a balance. You want to maximize exposure, but avoid being overly self-promotional. Let the quality content speak for itself, supplemented by organic amplification on social media.
Q: How can I repurpose my guest posts?
A: Consider turning it into a visual for social media, a video summary, part of a slide presentation, or an audio segment within a podcast. Add it to your email newsletter as well.