After completing their studies, students from other countries are permitted to find employment or launch their own companies in Austria. They have the ability to request an extension of their residence permit for a period of up to one year in order to look for work. Graduates who have been offered employment are eligible to submit an application for a Red White and Red Card. Which is a kind of permanent residency authorization. Graduates of Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs are required to follow this guideline. You can do it if you are planning to study in Europe.

In the end, your intentions for the future will be determined by the nationalities of the pupils who graduated. Different rules apply to citizens of the EU/EEA, those not citizens of the EU/EEA, and Romania and Bulgaria.

The quest for employment upon graduation

Nations that are not part of the EU or EEA are referred to as “third” countries in Austria. Graduates from third countries who have completed their degree programmes in Austria. And whose student visas are about to expire will have the opportunity to extend their stay in Austria. For an additional year in order to look for work or launch their own businesses. Try the country if you are planning to do a master’s in finance from Europe.

They are required to submit a request for confirmation to the appropriate resident authority (MA 35). This is something that has to be taken care of before the student visa expires. After you have secured employment in Austria, you are eligible to submit an application for a work visa.


The fact that graduates do not have to submit their applications to a points system or take a test based on the job market is the most significant benefit that graduates enjoy. It simplifies the operation as a whole quite a little. In addition, you will have a higher chance of success than other applicants while spending less time on the process.

Graduates from Croatia are allowed to reside anywhere in the world, but they do not have an automatic right to unfettered access to the labor market like EU/EEA members. They do not need to take a labor market exam in order to be qualified to submit an application for a work permit.

Having a job offer extended to you

Graduates from third countries who have found employment within the allotted time frame are eligible to submit an application for a RWR (Red-White-Red) Card with relative ease. With this permission, you will be able to settle temporarily in Austria (for up to two years) and work for the employer listed on your application.

When it runs out, you’ll be able to submit an application for the Red White Red Card plus. As a citizen of a country that is not a member of the EU or EAA, you have the right to a fixed-term residence and unfettered access to the labor market with this permission (as self-employed or employed, not limited to a specific employer). The Red White Red Card plus will be good for use for a full calendar year.


To get a residence card and a work permit, the two most important things you will need to do are:


(1) locate a job that is appropriate for your level of education

(2) demonstrate that you earn a minimum of 2,349 euros per month.

Considering that the average pay in Austria is 3,629 EUR, carrying out the assignment should not be too difficult. Check out this page for further basic criteria for the Red White and Red Card.

Up until the year 2014, post graduates from Romania and Bulgaria were unable to work without permission. Fortunately, Austria has allowed students from those countries unrestricted access to the job market.

Where Can A Student Find Work in Austria?

In general, any job that matches your credentials and interests is appropriate for you to apply for. There are no limitations placed on the kind of work that you may do if you are a citizen of the EU or the EAA; you are free to work in any industry, regardless of what you studied in school.

Read more on the daily guides.

It is more difficult or practically impossible for candidates who are not from the EU or EAA to have employment in another sector for at least the first 24 months of the programme. Your credentials and the job that you want to do need to be a fit in order for you to get a work visa.

A Master’s in Management degree (MiM) can increase your career opportunities and pave the way for a great wage and stable employment. In addition, your MiM-based Management, business, finance, and marketing knowledge may make you an attractive and useful asset to potential employers.


In order to achieve your desired career path, you can mold and develop your special and transferable skill set. Acquired through your MiM by pursuing a career in Management. Careers in Management are available in the commercial, public, and nonprofit sectors. In addition, there are chances to diversify outside of the more traditional financial and banking industries into fields like media, entertainment, and technology.

After receiving a MiM, chances for employment and additional education are favorable. Ph.D. degrees are an option for graduates, but most MiM graduates want to find employment immediately. A Ph.D. is beneficial if you wish to advance your research or obtain a thorough understanding of the subject. However, the best option is to test your abilities in the workplace.