The Haryana Urban Development Authority or HUDA came into effect in 2019. The HUDA affordable housing scheme was launched as an initiative to provide plots to multiple income group individuals in the area.
The State Government of India in August 2019 declared that the area that can be availed under this scheme has been doubled and increased from 15 acres to 30 acres per sector to benefit the buyers. To enjoy this benefit, the total cost of the property should be less than Rs. 25 Lakh. Discussed below is a detailed overview of HUDA and how you can reap its benefits.
Benefits of HUDA Scheme
Discussed below are some of the benefits offered by HUDA affordable housing scheme owing to which, this is the perfect time to buy your dream home under this scheme.
- You can avail of zero maintenance charges for five years after the project is delivered.
- The balcony availed are charged at Rs. 500 per square feet.
- You can enjoy the final delivery of your property within four years.
- The rates are fixed based on your carpet area.
Besides, there are other benefits offered by HUDA such as –
- Relaxed eligibility criteria
To be eligible to apply for the HUDA affordable housing scheme you are required to:
- Be a resident of Haryana
- Have an annual income of less than Rs. 3 Lakh
- Not own any plot or any house in Haryana in your name
- Be group D employee of the Government of Haryana
- Minimum documents required
At the time of application, you are required to submit specific documents as mentioned below.
- Passport-size photographs
- Certified copies of the bylaws
- Copies of your PAN card (should be self-attested)
- Copies of the cooperative society’s resolution
- Easy application process
To apply for HUDA, you are required to visit the official website and fill the respective application form with the required details such as your personal and financial information and upload the required documents. After you submit the form, select your preferred payment option for the application fee. You can also print a copy of the challan for future reference. After you make your payment you will be provided with an application number. Note down this application number to check the status of your application as and when required.
HUDA offers plots via a lottery system and you can use your application number to check if you have secured your plot.
After obtaining your plot, you can follow specific steps to easily get home loans in India, such as:
- Visit the official website of your lender.
- Check your home loan eligibility and fill out an application form with your personal and financial details.
- After your application gets approved a representative of your lender will visit you. Provide the required documents to the representative.
As and when your documents are verified, the housing loan amount will be disbursed to your account directly. Several financial companies offer low-interest home loans along with other features like –
- Online account access
- No pre-payment and foreclosure charges
- Balance transfer facilities
- Top-up loans
- Substantial loan amount of up to Rs. 3.5 Crore
- Prolonged loan tenure of up to 20 years
Additionally, HUDA affordable housing scheme assists you to gather details on the registration process, availability of plot, online fees, and other such information conveniently by getting in touch with a representative on their toll-free helpline number. The respective number will be available on the official website of HUDA.