Having dry skin, is one of the problems, which many people whine about they always, wonder about ways on how to treat their dry skin properly. They also try on using moisturizers so that they can overcome the problems of their dry skin. Here have listed some of the recommendations by the best dermatologist in Karachi.
People define dry skin as flaking or scaling of the skin. It appears most often on the hands, sides of abdomen and also leads to itching in some of the cases. It is more common during the winter months, when there are low levels of humidity. Dryness gradually improves in summers. But there are some people who are genetically born with dry skin.
Treatment is very important because someone who has an extremely try skin can lead to dermatitis or eczema. Dry skin can be treated by
- Lukewarm showers and bath.
- Applying moisturizer right after getting out of shower or even washing your hands.
- Make use of a moisturizing hand and body soap.
- Use creams and ointments and lotions during summers.
These are the most generic treatments which help in reducing the problems that are cause by dry skin. If all the above treatments do not improve the conditions of your dry skin. Then there are chances of underlying dermatitis. The there are different types of dermatitis that are likely to cause itchy, dry, flaking skin. The types are listed below.
Allergic Contact Dermatitis:
This is a type of rash which results when the skin comes in contact with a substance which is likely to cause an allergic reaction example could be of poison. This causes redness, scaling and blisters which are filled with fluids.
These are likely to occur on the scalp, they are red, scaly. They also appear on eyebrows and in the sides of the nose, there are some areas which also contain oil glands.
This is very long-lasting, it usually starts in childhood and runs in family. It also causes excessively dry, itchy skin on the face and body.
Treatments for dry skin
I. Sun Protection:
Protecting your skin from sun is very important because the rays of sun are ultraviolet. Over time the exposure from these rays, may cause various changes in the skin, including wrinkles, discoloration, age spots and various other dangerous skin conditions. All these skin conditions can lead to something extreme and as dangerous as a skin cancer. Most of the skin cancers occur as a result of sun exposure.
The UVR consists of two things
UVB: These rays are responsible for sunburns and tanning of the skin.
UVA: These rays are responsible for photoaging. These damages the that occurs to the skin, when skin is being exposed to the sun for many years.
Both these types are linked to skin cancers. The majority of the sunscreen which are available in the market tend to prevent sunburns by blocking away the UBV rays. However, the still can’t stop the total damage which sun causes to the skin. Hence, there are a few behaviors which everyone needs to adopt to prevent their skin from sun burn
- Avoiding going out in sun between 10 A.M to 3 P.M. because the rays of the sun are strongest in these hours.
- Wear hats, long sleeved shirts and pants. Expose your body to the minimal.
- Use generous amounts of sunscreen and reapply it frequently. After 3-4 hours.
- Use sunscreen who have more than 30 SPF.
II. Facial For Skincare:
Some people have dry skin, while others have skin full of acne. Here we have recommended solutions for both the skin types.
- Use a cleanser specified for dry skin and specified for acne. These products contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, which help to clear acne.
- Avoid scrubbing your skin harshly and also don’t pick up lesions.
- Gently clean your face, as acne breakouts can worsen if rubbed and can often lead to scarring.
- Use moisturizers which are non-comedogenic, those which do not cause acne.
- Also use oil-free foundations and other makeup products as they are likely to block pores and worsen acne.
There are also various treatments for the people who are suffering from the problem of photoaging. It refers to the prolonged damage that has been caused due to sun exposure. Skin becomes rough, full of wrinkles and people also face irregular pigmentation. The condition of skin gets worsened due to the problem of photoaging, but there are various other treatments available for it.
Firstly, the best dermatologist in Karachi would recommend applying sunscreen to prevent photoaging. Also, for people who smoke, they need to stop that because smoking also speeds up the aging of skin as obviously it’s not good for general and skin health. Not just this, but a balanced diet is also very important to have clear skin. As nutrition helps to repair the ongoing damage of the skin and also helps skin to repair from other environmental damages.