According to the Journal of Sexual Medicine, about 26% of men under 40 years suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED). As such, understanding ED remains a crucial first step towards seeking treatment and improving your sex life.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction refers to the inability to become erect or maintain an erection hard enough for satisfying sexual activity. Men who suffer from ED have a low blood flow to their penis, resulting from several factors, including stress, high blood pressure, or side effects from drugs. However, experiencing erectile problems occasionally doesn’t necessarily mean you’re suffering from ED.
Some of the most common ED symptoms include:
- Difficulty getting erect during a sexual encounter
- Difficulty maintaining the erection long enough for sex
- Reduced interest in sex
- Low self-esteem
When these symptoms are present, the doctor may diagnose you with ED after a physical examination and considering your sexual and health history. More screening tests might be performed to ensure your symptoms aren’t caused by an underlying condition.
5 Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
- Age – While there’s no specific age when the penis stops working, about 40% of men over 40 experience symptoms of erectile dysfunction. This number continues soaring with age, where nearly 70% of men suffer from ED by the time they’re 70 years.
- Obesity and Sedentary Lifestyle – Being overweight causes testosterone in your body to turn into estrogen. That’s why health expertsbelieve a sedentary lifestyle (eating unhealthy foods with little to no exercise) leads to erectile dysfunction problems.
- Diabetes – Erectile dysfunction is among the problems that men with diabetes have to live with. Fortunately, controlling your blood sugar levels can help lower the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, and High Cholesterol – ED has an interesting relationship with your heart’s health. High cholesterol and blood pressure can also result in erectile dysfunction.
- Smoking – Smoking and other forms of tobacco consumption contribute to erectile dysfunction. That’s because tobacco use decreases the blood flow throughout your whole body, including the blood vessels in your penis. The decrease in blood supply makes it hard for a man to get and maintain an erection.
Can Natural Supplements Help?
Like all herbal remedies, natural supplements for ED are not FDA regulated or approved. However, several studies have shown that some supplements and vitamins can increase nitric oxide in your body, increasing blood flow to your penis. These herbal supplements include zinc, niacin, L-Arginine, selenium, vitamin B3, and Avena sativa, to name a few.
Top 5 Testosterone Boosters
Now that you know what ED is and its major causes, here are the top five testosterone boosters to improve your sex life. Most of these brands feature natural herbs in their testosterone pills, allowing you to improve your sexual health with reduced side effects compared to other pharmaceutical remedies.
#1 – Virectin
Virectin is the best testosterone booster for men looking for a supplement that includes natural components and vitamins. It has several clinically proven active ingredients, including selenium, Tongkat Ali, L-Arginine, Avena Sativa, Damiana leaf, Fenugreek extract, Tribulus Terrestris, saw palmetto, among others.
This top testosterone booster addresses all aspects of a man’s sexual health, going beyond supporting the physical process of maintaining a hard erection. The supplement also deals with other factors that can affect your sexual life, including low libido and declined production of testosterone.
#2 – Testogen
Another top testosterone booster featuring all-natural ingredients, Testogen improves your sex life, reduces fatigue, helps you burn fat faster to build lean muscles, and improves your sleep. As such, it features zinc, boron, magnesium, vitamin K1, fenugreek extract, Bioperine, Korean red ginseng extract, vitamin D3, and vitamin B6 as its active ingredients.
#3 – Libido Max
Libido Max uses organic ingredients to increase sexual desire, stamina, and overall performance. Its active ingredients that increase nitric oxide and testosterone levels in the body include maca root, yohimbine, and L-arginine.
Libido Max has received many positive reviews from the customers that have used it, proving its effectiveness.
#4 – Primal Boost Elite
Primal Boost Elite is an excellent dietary supplement known to raise testosterone levels when taken consistently. With Primal Boost Elite, you’ll experience increased stamina and energy, giving you a powerful sex drive.
#5 – Firm MX
Firm MX is a powerful testosterone booster designed for men who want to improve their sexual function and performance. Firm MX is a dietary supplement that promises better, longer-lasting and harder erections as well as other physical benefits geared toward bedroom performance
Do Testosterone Boosters Have Side Effects?
You might experience several side effects when using testosterone boosters, just like with other types of supplements. Common side effects experienced by testosterone booster users include:
- Sleep apnea
- Increased risk of getting blood clots
- Breast tenderness and swelling
- Ankle swelling
While most of these side effects won’t affect you, it’s important to keep them in mind when choosing a testosterone booster suited for your needs.
Testosterone Booster Pros and Cons
Although each testosterone booster has its pros and cons, here are several things they have in common, as revealed by different users.
- Increases libido and sex drive
- Improves your ability to remain erect for a significant amount of time
- Aids reproductive health
- Boosts energy levels
- Supports muscle development
- Increases endurance and stamina
- Sleep apnea
- Acne breakouts
- Possible testicular shrinkage
- The potential loss of hair
- Potential development of prostate and heart complications
Considering the benefits compared to the likely side effects of using testosterone boosters, you’ll agree they offer a significant advantage to men experiencing ED symptoms. You can consider several lifestyle changes like quitting smoking and exercising regularly to boost testosterone levels in your body, though the top five supplements above will make things easier.
Virectin stands out from other supplements on the market, considering the number of positive reviews online. Primal Boost Elite may also be a good alternative for men above 30 years, looking for an effective natural testosterone booster. Nonetheless, it’s important to check online reviews about these top five testosterone boosters to know the option that works best for your sexual needs.