Karjat is a hill station located in the Raigad district of Maharashtra which covers a wide range of attractions. In fact, it is one of the popular tourist destinations in the Western Ghats allowing tourists to plan a tour accordingly. The place is well-known for its rich vegetation, waterfalls, and other things that provide more excitement to tourists. The hill station lies on the banks of the Ulhas River lets tourists make an adventurous trip with groups and others.
The destination is an ideal choice for those who want to enjoy the beauty of nature in a peaceful environment. However, tourists should consider booking resorts in Karjat before planning a trip which ultimately help to witness more excitement. Moreover, they enable tourists to ensure high level comforts in the accommodation process allowing them to get more pleasure.
Interesting places to visit in Karjat
Kondana Caves are one of the must-see places in Karjat because they consist of intricate and delicate carvings. In fact, they are mainly intrigued by Buddhist architecture styles which attract several visitors. There is a waterfall situated bear the caves enabling tourists to get more adventure. Visitors can access the Buddhist architecture in the form of sculptures, stupas, etc.
Kothaligad (Peth) Fort
Kothaligad Fort is a beautiful place to visit in Karjat because it is conical in shape. Moreover, it has a cave and temple enabling tourists to carry out trekking and other activities based on their choices. Although it is very small in size, Sambhaji Maharajs used the fort for storage and defence purposes.
Kondeshwar Temple is one of the major attractions to see in Karjat which is well-known for its excellent structural designs. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, the temple stands as an example for old Hemadpanthi architecture that has several shrines. Built with black stones, the temple is an excellent choice for those who want to plan their excursion with family and others. On the other hand, it is advisable not to visit the temple during the rainy season.
Bahiri cave is an ideal destination for trekking activity enabling tourists to make their trip a memorable one. Located at an elevation of 600 meters, the cave enables tourists to know more about the crests and other things in detail.
Bhivpuri waterfall in Karjat pulls a ton of visitors every day because it is a wonderful location for planning their excursion. In addition, it makes feasible methods to schedule their trip with options. The waterfall which is around 20 m height enables tourists to ensure peace of mind in a peaceful environment.
Ulhas Valley in Karjat is an amazing place for sightseeing purposes because it covers thick greenery with sparkling streams and waterfalls. Another thing is that it enables tourists to perform trekking and other adventurous activities. Furthermore, the valley is a perfect destination for river rafting activity.
Travel tips to Karjat
- Karjat is well-connected by air, train, and road networks enabling tourists to reach the destination with ease. Mumbai is the nearest airport located to the hill station and there are many bus services available for tourists enabling them to plan their trip easily.
- It is advisable not to visit the place during the rainy season. Visitors should carry clothes which exactly suit both summer and winter seasons that can help to avoid discomforts.
- The hill station has some good restaurants that offer a wide range of local foods and other foods for tourists with unique tastes.
- Visitors can get the details of important tourist spots in Karjat from local tourist offices which ultimately help to plan a trip without any difficulties.
- Tourists should pack their clothes to the place based on the climatic conditions that give ways to minimize discomforts and other problems.
- It is necessary to know the local customs and tradition while visiting temples and other places. Apart from that, visitors can ensure peace of mind when making a trip to the hill station.
- Both local and international tourists should carry important documents when they travel to the place that can help to visit important destinations without any hassles.
- Tourists should carry water bottles when they want to carry out trekking and other tasks in the hill station.
- Leading tour operators offer different types of packages for tourists and they can choose the right one among them after making a complete research.
- It is a wise one to take care of personal things including money while making a trip to the destination for preventing unwanted problems.
- The local markets in Karjat offer a variety of handmade products with unique designs which exactly fulfil the expectations of tourists.
- Marathi and Hindi are the languages spoken by people in Karjat. However, tourist guides speak English for communication purposes enabling tourists to plan their trip easily.
- It is not advisable to visit the place during the rainy season to avoid risks and other problems to a large extent.
Where to stay in Karjat?
The Best resorts in Karjat cover excellent amenities for tourists enabling them to experience high level comforts in a sophisticated environment. At the same time, it is necessary to know more about them from multiple hotel websites before planning a trip. The hotel websites provide methods to compare the rates online enabling tourists to select hotels based on their choices.
A reputed hotel website will make the online booking process a simple one by addressing essential needs. Besides that, it makes feasible ways to find hotels at affordable prices that can help to create the best memories on a trip. It is necessary to follow the terms and conditions properly before booking a hotel which paves ways to accomplish goals. A hotel website also guides customers to book rooms in advance online enabling them to make the trip a successful one. It is advisable to read reviews of hotel websites before scheduling a trip to Karjat.