What is Microsoft DirectX?
Microsoft DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) for handling multimedia related tasks, especially programming games and videos on the Microsoft platform. Initially, the names of all these APIs started with Direct, such as Direct3D, DirectDraw, DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectSound, etc…. The DirectX name was given the abbreviation for all of these APIs (X represents specific API names) and quickly became the name of the collection. When Microsoft set up to develop a console, X was used as the basis for the Xbox name to refer to a console based on DirectX technology. Initially X came before the names of the APIs designed for Xbox like XInput and Cross-platform Audio Creation Tool (XACT) while the DirectX model was continued for Windows APIs such as Direct2D and DirectWrite.
Direct3D (3D graphics API in DirectX) is widely used in the development of video games for Microsoft Windows and Xbox series of game consoles. Direct3D is also used by other graphics software applications such as CAD / CAM techniques. Since Direct3D is DirectX’s most widely publicized component, the names “DirectX” and “Direct3D” are often used interchangeably.
The DirectX Software Development Kit (SDK) includes the Runtime libraries in redistributable binary, along with accompanying documents and titles used in the coding. Initially, the runtime is only installed by certain games and users. Windows 95 doesn’t have DirectX, but DirectX is included with Windows 95 OEM Service Release 2. Windows 98 and Windows NT 4.0 both have DirectX and have been in Windows versions released since then. The SDK is available as a free download. Although the runtime is proprietary, the source, closed source software is provided for most SDK templates. Starting with the release of Windows 8 Developer Preview, DirectX SDK has been integrated into the Windows SDK.
The d3dcompiler_43.dll issues are caused one way or another due to an issue with Microsoft DirectX .
The d3dcompiler_43.dll file is one of many files included in the DirectX software collection. Since DirectX is used by most advanced graphics programs and Windows-based games, the d3dcompiler_43.dll error is usually only visible when using these programs.
Error messages d3dcompiler_43.dll
There are many ways the d3dcompiler_43.dll error can show up on a PC. Here are some of the more common specific messages you might see:
D3dcompiler_43.DLL Not Found
The file d3dcompiler_43.dll is missing
File d3dcompiler_43.dll not found
D3dcompiler_43.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this
The d3dcompiler_43.dll error can show up when a game or software program is started or at some point during the installation, when DirectX components are trying to update.
The d3dcompiler_43.dll error message can occur for any program that uses Microsoft DirectX, like AutoDesk 3ds Max, MonoGame, and many others, but it is often associated with video games.
“Grand Theft Auto”, “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare”, “Sniper: Ghost Shooter”, “Far Cry Primal”, “Battlefield”, “Need for Speed”, “MechWarrior Online (MWO)” and “The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind “are just a few examples of video games where the d3dcompiler_43.dll error message appears.
Any Microsoft operating system since Windows 98 can be affected by d3dcompiler_43.dll and other DirectX issues, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
How to fix error d3dcompiler_43.dll
Note : Don’t download the d3dcompiler_43.dll DLL file from any DLL download site. There are a number of reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites is not a good idea.
If you downloaded d3dcompiler_43.dll from one of those DLL download sites, delete it and continue with the following steps.
1. Restart your computer if you haven’t done so already. The d3dcompiler_43.dll error can be a minor error, and since restarting is a common fix for many computer problems , it can completely clear this DLL error.
2. Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX . Probably, upgrading to the latest DirectX version will fix the “d3dcompiler_43.dll not found” error, otherwise try Runtimes DirectX End-User Runtimes instead.
Note : Microsoft usually releases updates to DirectX without updating the version number or letter, so be sure to install the latest release. The same DirectX installation program works with all Windows versions, including Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, etc. It will replace any missing DirectX 11, DirectX 10 or DirectX 9 files. Come on.
3. Assuming the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft does not fix the d3dcompiler_43.dll error you are having, look for the DirectX installation program on the DVD or CD for the application or game. Usually, if a game or other program uses DirectX, the software developers will include a copy of DirectX on the installation disc. Sometimes, the version of DirectX on the disc is more suitable for the program than the latest version available online.
4. Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it. Something might have happened to the files in the program that worked with d3dcompiler_43.dll and a reinstall could be helpful.
Tip: If this doesn’t work, maybe not all the program files have been actually deleted or some registry entries related to the DLL file still exist, and that is the cause of the error even after installation. software reset. Try again with the free uninstall tool and see if that fixes the d3dcompiler_43.dll error message.
5. Recover the d3dcompiler_43.dll file from the latest DirectX software package. If the troubleshooting steps above did not resolve the d3dcompiler_43.dll error, try extracting the d3dcompiler_43 DLL file from the DirectX download package.
6. Update the driver for the video card. While this is not the most common solution, in some cases updating the driver for the video card on the computer can fix this DirectX issue.