Finding the best properties in Melbourne amid all the chaos in the housing market can be an overwhelming task. Since buying a house is a huge step as it can be a potential investment opportunity for years and even decades, getting one that suits all the buyer’s needs and preferences is crucial. This is where buyers agents in Melbourne come in handy; they can help buyers find the right property for them, negotiate prices and get through all the unnecessary hurdles that come with the documentation.
With Melbourne being one of the cities in Australia that saw a rise in housing prices in recent years, aspiring homeowners and investors are urged not to delay and hire a buyer’s agent as soon as possible. So how do people find the best buyers agents? Here are a few pointers that anyone can look into to find the best buyers agents in Melbourne:
- Research Various Homes and Property Listings in and Around Melbourne
Buyers are spread around specific neighbourhoods and localities in the city. If the homeowners or investors want to get in touch with a buyers agent for a particular area, they must research all the homes and property listings in and around that specific area and see who negotiates the purchases best. Once the research is done, people will have a list of four or five professional agents in their hands.
- Set Up an Interview
Once the list is compiled, buyers can call them for an interview or a meetup. Remember to talk to at least a few agents before hiring one and ask these questions to gauge the agent’s reputation and experience:
- Ask them about the years of experience they have had in the field. The more years of experience these agents have in the real estate market, the more experienced they will be in sifting through all the properties and cherry-picking the best deals that suit the buyer.
- Ask how many homes they sell yearly. This number indicates their ability to help buyers pick the best option in the Melbourne housing market.
- Get to know how many clients they have under their belt and how robust their connections are with other agents, sellers or firms in the housing market. The more connections these agents have, the more seamless the process will be for the buyer.
- Ask about all the listings and sales they helped carry out in a specific area or locality.
- Get an idea about their portfolio and ask for references from previous clients or firms they have worked with.
- Fix the payment before hiring the agent; enquire whether they charge the fees based on the property or work on an hourly basis. If they have additional expenses, make sure it’s specified in the contract.
- Plan a Strategy
Sometimes, a deal may not always have to go the way a buyer likes, so set some contingency plans in place and always have backup options at the ready. Learn to spot red flags in a home and always be careful about inspecting the property before signing a deal. A buyer’s agent must be well versed in all these, and they must make the process easier for the buyer, steering them away from red flags and getting them into the best property listings in the market.
Don’t underestimate the advantages of hiring the right buyer’s agent! With that being said, happy house hunting!