The Government of India has implemented various schemes to financially assist students from minority communities. Nai Udaan is one such scheme that supports minority students who cleared prelims of civil services examinations and are preparing for finals.
These education loan scheme aims to equip students so that they can compete through the exams conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission and State Public Service Commissions.
Step 1 – Visit the Nai Udaan website
Candidates need to visit the naiudaan-moma.gov.in website to register under this scheme on loan against property for higher education.
Step 2 – Complete the Registration Process
Candidates need to register and provide a valid email ID to start with the process. They need to provide their photograph, signature and list of documents needed to apply for this scheme along with the personal details. Upon submitting all the essentials, candidates need to click on the save button to complete the registration process.
Applicants will receive an auto-generated registration number, ID and password for future use in their email ID.
Step 3 – Submit The Prelims Information
After the registration process, candidates can use their ID and password to log in to the website. They need to provide information of their prelims examination and submit related documents. They need to click on the submit button to complete the process. They can also take a print out of the application to keep a record.
Key Points To Remember
- Application process for this scheme for education in India is limited through online mode. Candidates cannot apply through any other mode except via the website.
- Candidates need to have a valid personal email ID to register under this scheme. They should keep the email ID active throughout the process. Applicants will receive their registration number, password and other essential details. They should regularly check for any emails from the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Candidates should make sure that they duly fill the concerned details while filling up the online application form. It may get rejected in case of any errors in the form.
- Applicants must ensure that they complete the registration process within a fixed date and time mentioned in the notification from the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Applicants must not avail financial aid from any other source.
Candidates are not allowed to claim financial aid on their education loan in India if they have availed this scheme. However, they can avail a loan against property to fund such expenses. Financial institutions usually offer a high loan amount with such secured loans although the amount sanctioned will depend expressly on the value of the property mortgaged.
Bajaj Finserv is one such NFBC that offers a loan amount of up to Rs. 3.5 Crore in case of such advances. Some of the other benefits they offer include balance transfer facility, zero foreclosure charges and more.
They also provide pre-approved offers which simplify the process to avail such credits and save your time. Pre-approved offers are valid on several financial products including home loans, business loans, and personal loans, etc.
- Scanned photo and digital signature.
- Self-declaration of belonging to any minority community as per Format I mentioned in the website.
- Documents regarding annual income of a family as per Para 6-iii mentioned in the website under form and guidelines.
- Scanned documents for identity including Aadhaar card, PAN card, Voter ID card, driving license, Passport, BPL card and Ration card.
- Scanned copy of a cancelled cheque or pass book of the candidate for verification of the account number and IFSC code.
- Scanned copy of a duly notarised affidavit on non-judicial-paper of Rs. 5/10/20 stating that the candidate has not availed financial assistance from any other source.
- Scanned copy of admit card of the exam.
- Scanned copy of roll number slip along with copy of results page reflecting the roll number.
Candidates should also check how is an education loan on property processed under this scheme to keep a proper tab on their application.
The above-mentioned points will provide you with a brief idea about how to apply for the Nai Udaan scheme. Make sure that you provide proper information in the application form to reduce the chances of rejection.