Dark spots on the body are not only uncomfortable, but also make us lack confidence. Treatment of acne is therefore a problem that many people are concerned about. Nowadays, it is not difficult to find home remedies for acne. However, are these methods really safe and effective?
1. Learn about acne
Acne is an area of skin damaged by acne, changing its original color and turning dark, also known as a bruise. This condition is due to the improper treatment of acne, the damaged skin cannot be restored to its original state. People with dark acne will lose the natural beauty of the skin, making the surface of the skin rough, dark, less vibrant.
Based on the color status of the skin after acne, people will classify blemishes into two main categories:
– Red acne blemishes: is a type of blemished acne when the damage in that area has not been completely restored, the inflammatory process has not ended, so this skin is still pink. In this case, the bruise should not be treated with organic acids because it can make the recovery process longer, and the risk of infection is higher.
– Dark brown acne: Is a type of acne bruise when the skin area has completed the process of inflammation and damage. To treat this type of acne bruise, you need to implement methods to help tone the skin, lighten the bruise.
So where did acne come from?
In the opinion of a specialist, the causes of dark acne are very diverse. We can summarize the common causes of acne as follows:
– Pigmented skin: There are many causes that can cause melanin pigmentation. When the melanin concentration increases, the skin darkens, increasing the formation of blemishes.
– Incorrect acne treatment: One of the wrong acne treatments is to squeeze it by yourself. Squeezing pimples damage the skin, forming an open wound that facilitates infection and is difficult to recover. If this condition persists, the skin will weaken and blemishes are easier to form.
– The process of skin care is not correct: Lazy skin hygiene, not clean skin, using cosmetics, acne cream that is not suitable for the skin, lazy exfoliation, … are all possible causes. blemished skin.
Regular exposure to direct sunlight: In the sun, it contains a large amount of ultraviolet (UV) rays. Ultraviolet rays have a negative effect on layers of the skin, increasing the amount of pigmentation causing the skin to become dark.
2. Principles to be grasped when treating acne
For the treatment of all types of acne in general and acne in particular to be effective, you need to keep in mind the following rules:
Limit the impact on the acne-prone skin when it doesn’t heal completely: When the pimple is inflamed, most people will squeeze it. However, this is not the right thing to do. If you are anxious to get rid of these pimples, it will be easy to leave dark spots and scars. Besides, it is not advisable to use many chemicals and cosmetics when acne has not healed. Minimize the effects on areas that have not yet healed completely is one of the most effective principles of acne treatment.
– Moisturize the skin: Properly moisturized skin will help the process of fading blemishes faster, while keeping the skin healthy and full of vitality. Drink plenty of water (2 – 3 liters per day) and combine it with mild moisturizers to help moisturize your skin.
– Protect the skin from the sun: The skin is very sensitive to the sun, especially when it is damaged, blemished. Therefore, if you want to treat dark acne quickly and effectively, you need to protect and shield your skin when going in the sun, and use appropriate sunscreen products.
– Treatment must be persistent: Treatment of dark acne must go through a long process for the skin to become evenly colored again. So you must always persistently follow the right acne treatment regimen to bring the best results.
3. Effective and safe treatment for acne at home
Method 1: Treatment of acne with turmeric
Turmeric contains a large amount of curcumin and many of the best nutrients for skin health care. How to treat acne at home with turmeric as follows:
Ingredients: 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder + 2 teaspoons of unsweetened yogurt.
– Mix turmeric starch mixture and unsweetened yogurt to create a smooth paste.
– Clean skin with cleanser and warm water.
– Apply this mixture on acne skin. Massage and relax for 15 – 20 minutes.
– Rinse with cold water.
– Regularly perform 3-4 times / week, you will see a marked improvement in acne.
– Should do this in the evening before bed for the best effect. Do not apply face with turmeric and yogurt during the day because it is easy to catch the sun, get dust, skin will get worse
Method 2: Treat dark acne with lemon, honey
Honey contains a lot of hydrogen peroxide, antioxidants and many vitamins that are good for the skin. Meanwhile, lemons are also rich in antioxidants that help prevent compounds that are harmful to the skin and especially vitamin C for healthy glowing skin. Therefore, using a mixture of honey and lemon juice for skin care, acne treatment is an effective way many women believe to use.
The ingredients to be prepared are some pure honey and 1 fresh lemon.
First, you wash your face, then apply the honey and lemon mixture directly to the acne affected area, massage and relax for about 5-10 minutes and then rinse with water. Do this regularly 1-2 times a week for amazing results.
Note: Lemon is acidic, so when applied to the skin it will feel burning, especially open wounds. Therefore, lemon should not be used on areas with acne that has not healed or sensitive skin.