The need to record Windows screen operations is very much today, especially for those who regularly have to perform instructions on computers or gamers. Therefore, screen recording software will be essential support tools for everyone when they need to record every operation performed on the computer. Here are the top free and quality Windows screen recording software that we would recommend to you.
ApowerREC is a screen recording and editing tool that also allows users to record webcam footage and schedule recording. ApowerREC can also stream video, making it an ideal tool for YouTubers. By recording audio and video simultaneously, users can easily create and edit content. You can also record the scene you want on your mobile device.
- Record screen or webcam footage
- Video editing with captions and effects
- Convert videos to various file types
- Screen capture
- Record PC and mobile device
- Upload to multiple video sites
Note when using the free version: There is a small logo in the upper right corner of the video, can only be recorded up to 3 minutes 1 time (less than the 10 minutes duration of Bandicam, but the logo is less obvious).
2. Screen recording using Open Broadcaster Software:
Surely, those who regularly and have ever streamed Facebook on their computer will know Open Broadcaster Software. This is the first software to support users to be able to stream Facebook directly on the computer screen. Besides, the tool also supports computer screen recording and can have multiple screens at the same time. After recording video, it will be in MP4 or FLV format.
Download : Download free Open Broadcaster Software
3. Icecream Screen Recorder software for screen recording
Icecream Screen Recorder can record the entire computer screen or specific parts of the screen. With this software, you can capture webinar, record video or conference calls, play games, etc. with an intuitive and friendly interface.
- Record video in MP4, MKV or WebM format
- Allows recording along with video
- Provides webcam recording along with screen recording
- Allows drawing (or annotating) on the screen while capturing screen
- Provide hot keys to pause, record and stop recording
- Allows to save screenshots to clipboard or JPG or PNG extension
- Provides project history for quick access to previously captured images and videos
Cons: With the free version:
- Has 10 minutes of screen recording time
- Limited editing functions and options
- It cannot be used commercially
Download: Icecream Screen Recorder
4. Ezvid Video Maker screen recording software
Ezvid Video Maker is a useful desktop or screen recording software. With simple operations, you can record your computer screen to create high-resolution movie. Ezvid allows to draw and record specific areas on the screen like Icecream Screen Recorder. In addition, users can also add title, description, keywords and other metadata information to the record.
- Automatically save videos during recording
- Allows creating slideshows
- Provides audio recording and voice synthesis
- Allows on-screen annotations while recording
- Allows direct upload of recorded videos to YouTube
- Provides webcam recording
- Only allow 45 minutes to record videos
- Only supports downloading videos directly on YouTube
- Screen recording settings cannot be customized
Download: Ezvid Video Maker
5. Software screen recording Bandicam Screen Recorder
Bandicam Screen Recorder is an easy-to-use recording software capable of capturing a specific area or full screen. It allows for easy game recording, live video recording and much more. The software offers a number of modes such as game mode, screen recording mode and device recording mode.
- Save video in AVI or MP4 format
- Provides real-time voice recording to create screencasts
- Provides live drawing board while rotating
- Allows adding watermark and webcam overlays while recording
- Allows to add effects or animations of the mouse while recording the screen
- Optimized recording process using hardware acceleration (if supported)
- Watermark in video with free version
- Limited to 10 minutes of spins with the free version
Download: Bandicam Screen Recorder
6. Record your screen with Studio OBS
Best free screen recording software for games or streaming, feature-rich with high record quality.
If you are a game addict, OBS Studio is the best screen recording software for you. Unlike the very popular FRAPS (which only allows recording every 30 seconds, unless a pro version is purchased), OBS Studio is open source and completely free, with no screen recording time restrictions.
This free OBS Studio screen recording software also supports both live streaming and recording in high definition, with no length restrictions. You can stream on Twitch or YouTube, save projects or encode footage in FLV format and store them on your computer.
Because OBS Studio can record directly from the graphics card, it can record games running in full screen mode (many other screen recording software can only record if the game is open in the door. book). There are also customizable hotkeys to control recording. OBS Studio can also take advantage of multi-core CPUs to improve performance, and record at 60 FPS (or even higher).
It may take a little while to set up exactly what you want, but OBS Studio is the best and most powerful screen recording software for gamers.
- Stream and record HD
- No restriction on video length
- It takes a long time to set up
Download: OBS Studio
7. Xsplit Broadcaster screen video recording is quite good
Xsplit’s live recording and screen recording software has two types: Broadcaster and Gamecaster. The two are very similar, but the second is designed primarily for gamers, while the first is intended for general screen recording purposes.
Xsplit Broadcaster is a screen recording software with three levels: free, personal and paid (for commercial use). With the free version, the screen recording videos will have a watermark at 60fps or at resolutions higher than 720p. That’s a big downside compared to OBS Studio, but Xsplit’s simple interface could be a worthwhile compromise if you’re just going to publish to YouTube at standard resolution.
This free screen recording software can record data from any source, including a monitor, video card, webcam, media file or a specific program. Its game detection function automatically activates upon the start of a game, and the results can be exported as a video file or directly via Twitch, YouTube Live, and Facebook Live.
- Recorded from any source
- Record and stream
- Limited output options
Download: Xsplit Broadcaster
8. ShareX Screen Recorder
ShareX is a free and open source screen recording software that can be easily uploaded to many photo and video websites. ShareX can also capture custom areas of the screen and offers a variety of annotation tools. ShareX is only available for Windows.
- Capture or record screen or an area of screen
- Notes and screenshots
- Upload files to many places
- A useful productivity tool
Download: ShareX Screen Recorder
9. FBX free game recorder
FBX is a free game recording tool that allows users to record comments and insert webcam footage. The streamers can record HD video up to 120FPS, easily create featured clips and capture screenshots. Currently, FBX does not support streaming, but is committed to adding streaming features as soon as possible. FBX is only available for Windows.
- Hardware acceleration on NVidia and AMD cards as well as Intel CPUs
- Record screen and webcam for video and audio
- HD capabilities
- Screen capture
- Save clips using keyboard shortcuts
Download: FBX free game recorder
10. Record screen video with VLC Media Player
This program is very familiar to everyone, because its main function is to play video and audio. In addition, VLC Media Player also owns many other attractive features, among them are screen recording, recording all operations on the computer. Users only need to go to Media > Open Capture Device and select the Capture Device function and select Desktop to perform the screen recording steps.
Readers can refer to details on how to record the Windows screen using VLC Media Player in the article How to record screen with VLC Media Player?
Download : Download software VLC Media Player
Screencastify is a free screen recording extension for Google Chrome. Users can record the entire desktop, an application or just the webcam only. With the ability to embed webcam images anywhere in the recording, users can easily create tutorials and any other learning content.
- Multiple recording options: Complete desktop, applications, current browser tab or webcam
- Embed webcam and narration with microphone
- Offline recording
- There are annotation tools
- There are cutting and editing tools
- Export directly to YouTube
- Export as GIF
12. iSpring Free Cam
iSpring Free Cam is a free screen recording and editing tool specially designed for creating video lessons and eLearning presentations. Users can customize their recording area, record voice and edit presentations. With sharing features, users can upload directly to YouTube or save as a video.
- Custom recording area
- Record voice and / or system audio
- Highlight mouse pointer
- Edit video
- Sound mixing
- Upload directly to YouTube
Download: iSpring Free Cam
13. Flashback Express Recorder
Flashback Express is a free screen recording tool that can capture screenshots, record audio and images from your webcam. Users can enhance recordings with captions, text, images and effects, and add comments and sounds. Flashback Express is ideal for product demonstrations and tutorials.
- Screen recording
- Record webcam and mic
- Unlimited recording time
- Record multiple screens
- Scheduled recording
Download: Flashback Express Recorder
TinyTake is a free tool to capture screenshots, record videos and share them. Users can also annotate their screenshots and share them online easily. Videos can be recorded or recorded up to 120 minutes from the webcam. While not ideal for streaming, TinyTake is perfect for creating learning materials and product demos.
- Capture screenshots or from webcam
- Annotate or blur pictures or videos
- Record video from screen or webcam for up to 120 minutes
- Share files online or via email
- Upload directly to YouTube
Screencast-O-Matic is a screen recording tool used to keep full footage on your screen or webcam and add audio. Users can record part of their screen and insert audio or video to create product demos, training courses, and more.
- Record screen and / or webcam
- Record a window or full screen
- Zoom in while recording
- Cut the record
- Add notes
- Publish to YouTube
Screen recording tools can be used for a variety of purposes, and powerful tools don’t have to be expensive. Whether you use screen recording tools for work or entertainment, there’s no reason not to try the free options.
Camtasia is not free software, it is free to try for 30 days. The main feature of Camtasia is video editing, but this software also integrates a quite powerful screen recording tool. If you are using Camtasia, do not miss this great feature.
In many ways, they’re a great way to learn basic audio mixing and video editing skills. Depending on your intended use, you may also be interested in free music editing software to use with these screen recording software.
Wish you find a good choice!